Saturday 13 February 2016

GlossyBox February 2016: Beauty Soulmates

GlossyBox February 2016: Beauty Soulmates



GlossyBox February 2016: Beauty SoulMates



January 2016: Beauty SoulMates Box


So what’s in the box (according to the contents card):
  • Nicka K New York - 24h Waterproof Eyeliner
  • MUA - Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss
  • Naobay - Protective Hair Mask Volume Conditioner
  • The Vintage Cosmetic - Company Floral Slanted Tweezers
  • Wilkinson Sword - Intuition Razor


So this box is £10 per month plus £2.95 p&p, according to the contents card the value of this month's box is £22.48 for the four full sized products, £8.51 for the “luxury size” brings it to £30.99 in value according to GlossyBox.

Product
Full sized Value (according to glossy box)
Full Size
Size included
Online Value
My Value
Eyeliner
£3.99
0.3g
0.3g
$5.99
£4.13
Gloss
£3.50
3.2ml
3.2ml
£3.50
£3.50
Mask
£10.64
250ml
200ml
N/A
N/A
Tweezers
£8
1 unit
1 unit
£6.40
£6.40
Razor
£6.99
1 unit
1 unit
£6.49
£6.49
Total




£20.52

As usual I have scoured the internet and Nicka K Cosmetics are only available to purchase in the states and the Naobay mask is not available to buy at all. All in all this is not the greatest value Glossybox lets hope some of these products are the “soulmates” that are promised!


So in to the actual products:

Nicka K New York - 24h Waterproof Eyeliner

Who doesn’t love a good brown eyeliner? I generally prefer them over black on more natural makeup days but as a contact lens wearer finding a truly waterproof one is a life mission. This one looks pretty impressive as an automatic, self sharpening pencil. This swatched rather well it’s a little stiff but good pigmentation, the little smudger on the end is a great addition a little harder than I would want to use on my eyes but nothing to really complain about.


Nicka K New York - 24h Waterproof Eyeliner


The down side was this is not waterproof, after I swatched this for the photo below it wiped off easily with a little water… I decided to give this a fairer test and swatched it again and left it alone for half an hour. Was it budge proof? No, two rubs of my finger and it was gone, not smudged, GONE!!


Nicka K New York - 24h Waterproof Eyeliner - Swatch


MUA - Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss



This was our sneak peak product where subscribers got to pick one of 6 colours in January, I chose and received Allure.


Swatches of the full colour collection from the MUA site:


MUA - Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss



MUA - Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss - Allure


I do love this colour it is one that I do wear regularly, the brush applicator is not one that I am fond of as the product being dispensed from a hole in the middle comes out streaky. The photo below the camera has picked up some glitter that gives this product its sheen. It also smells a like a sweet play doh luckily this isn't noticeable once the product has been applied.


MUA - Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss - Allure


Once on the lips it gives a sheer wash of colour and a balmy sheen. This doesn’t feel too sticky on the lips.  The colour has average lasting power and does transer. I'm 50/50 on this as brush makes it a bit fiddly to re-apply on the go but as it's sheer it's not noticeable that it has worn off if you don't keep an eye on it. One I will probably keep using but won’t be picking up any of the other shades.


MUA - Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss - Allure - Lip Swatch


Naobay - Protective Hair Mask Volume Conditioner



Now I am a sucker for a good hair mask, all year round my hair is dry and flat. I am a regular with home made oil hair masks that keep my hair glossy without the yucky stuff of the store bought products. (Post on my hair care routine shortly) Naobay promotes itself as natural and organic with 99.5 % natural ingredient and 13.5% organic. This is a great luxury sample size, allways fun with long hair using twice as much product as everyone else. This does leave hair soft and smooth but it is highly fragranced, a citrusy lemon scent which lingered in my hair for a few days.

Naobay - Protective Hair Mask Volume Conditioner


The Vintage Cosmetic - Company Floral Slanted Tweezers



These are just so cute and quite long compared to the RED tweezers I use. This is only an issue if you are short sighted like me and need to have your nose pressed to the mirror to focus on the tiny hairs you are trying to pluck.  These have a nice little rubber protective “cap” to protect them when not in use.
The Vintage Cosmetic - Company Floral Slanted Tweezers


My only down side is the tips are quite thick so finer hairs are a little tricky to get hold of but I will definitely be keeping these in my bag for emergencies!

The Vintage Cosmetic - Company Floral Slanted Tweezers


Wilkinson Sword - Intuition Razor



I am a bit of a hoarder when it come to razors, I think I have 3 in my shower at the moment 2 Gillette Venus and 1 Wilkinson Sword Quattro and one in my suitcase. To be honest as long as it gets the hair off my legs and doesn't cut me I am not fussed. I have tried these with built in shave gel before and they are fine. I prefer to use a separate gel but mostly what I uses is down to cost of the replacement blades and I will always check offers in the supermarket. So on the Boots website it is £6.79 for Wilkinson Sword Intuition Sensitive Care Replacement Blades 3s this is a pretty good price as the equivalent from Gillette is £11 for 3. We will see how long the blades last to see if I have a new razor in my life

Wilkinson Sword - Intuition Razor


Wilkinson Sword - Intuition Razor


Are you subscribed to GlossyBox, what products did you get and what did you think of January’s “Beauty Soulmates” Box?




If you are interested in joining GlossyBox to be ahead when they release another limited edition box please feel free to use my referral link:




xoxo Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post. I've never tried anything from Naobay before but I defo want to! X
    borntoblend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete