Sunday 10 January 2016

Origins: Just The Essential Ginzing Set - Review

Ginzing, Origins: Just The Essential Ginzing Set


Origins: Just The Essential Ginzing Set

What you get:

  • Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash (30ml)
  • Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores (15ml)
  • Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion (15ml)
  • Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser (30ml)

This attracted me as I have heard so many good things about Origins and have ummed and ahhed over the Clear Improvement Mask for months but at £23 it was a high price when there are other charcoal masks on the market for a much more reasonable price. So the whole set to try for £15 seemed like a bargain especially as it boasts it is worth £24.50 but is it?

Well I have done the math:

Product
Price
(From origins.co.uk)
Size
(ml)
Price
(Per ml)
Value
Checks and Balances
£18.50
150
0.123
£3.70
Clear Improvement
£23
75
0.306
£4.60
Modern Friction
£24
50
0.48
£14.40
GinZing
£23
100
0.23
£3.45



Total:
£26.15

By my calculations it's about a £11 saving so happy there, now on to the products!

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores  Swatch Clear Improvement Prood.JPG

According to the Origins website this was picked by Zoella in her Festive Pamper Routine and while I like this mask I wouldn’t say it's worth all the hype. It's not the thickest consistency so I found I had to use quite a bit to build up a mask. It dried pretty quickly (10 - 15 minutes), it rinsed off easily and did leave my skin soft but I would not say it caused my skin to "breathes a sigh of relief." as promised on the site.

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash Swatch IMG_0130.JPG

For a second I though having taken my glasses off I had mixed up the tubes and had started to clean with my Sensodyne. Fortunately I hadn’t but this cleanser, boy does it smell of mint, I mean really spearmint toothpastey smell and it's a pearly white colour, it almost had me confused if it hadn’t had a foamy lather! After I got over the odd choice of scent for this cleanser I actually quite like this. It is very gentle and refreshing. Origins claims “Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched.” I have to agree, no tightness, my combination skin feels soft, all traces of oil are gone but my drier patches have not been aggravated.

Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion

Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion Swatch Modern Friction Prod.JPG

I am not sure on what makes this face scrub “Dermabrasion” as i don't think it removed the upper layers of my skin rather than just exfoliated. But as a face scrub it works really well, it is a gritty scrub rather than beads and the texture lasts long enough before dissolving and apposed to the cleanser this doesn't have a particular smell which is great.

Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser

Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser  Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser Swatch

Origins says this is “This lightweight, oil-free, skin energy drink, fortified with legendary skin-boosters” This is a lovely light moisturiser, it sank into the skin quickly, didn’t leave any tackiness and smells lovely! The warm orange scent smells great on application and fades away after 5 - 10 minutes. This is a great product for oily or dry skin as it did not leave any dewiness to my skin could easily be work during the day under makeup and wouldn’t cause makeup to slip or slide like some heavier, thicker creams.
Origins: Just The Essential Ginzing Set
I hope you find this review helpful and feel free to leave any suggestions for future product reviews in the comments.

xoxo Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Fab post! I really want to try the charcoal face mask I've seen a few people using it. I've never tried origins before but I really want to! X
    Jen | borntoblend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete