Friday 15 January 2016

GlossyBox UK - Limited Edition NARS

GlossyBox UK - Limited Edition NARS


I feel like in my January GlossyBox post I was a little harsh on GlossyBox and their selection of products. It's just when they can do something as spectacular as the NARS GlossyBox you expect big things.

GlossyBox NARS Limited Edition

This box was the reason I subscribed to GlossyBox to join the waitlist and to be let in on the pre-release, and boy am I glad I did. The pre-release opened at 9am on 16th November and by 9.27am ALL 3,000 boxes has sold out. Many Glossies frustrated that the site had crashed, links weren’t working and chaos ensued on twitter. Sadly there were only 3,000 boxes so it never made general release scheduled for 12noon the same day. But this was what beauty boxes (to me) are supposed to be. Subscribers could for £30 receive 5 deluxe samples of NARS products. A fraction of the full price as compared below.

Product
Full Size
Full Price
Sample Size
% of full size
Value
Multiple
14g
£29
4g
28%
£8.28
Blush
4.8g
£23
3.5g
72%
£16.71
Lip Pencil
2.2g
£19
1.7g
77%
£14.68
Eye Liner
0.58g
£19
0.3g
51%
£9.82
Mascara
8ml
£21
3ml
37%
£7.87
Total

£111


£57.42

This makes the value of the products you got in the box nearly double what you paid and as NARS never (or rarely) do sample sizes this is pretty cool to have to try. I love makeup but would have never dropped £111 on products to see if they lived up to the reputation.

Oh, a side note on the packaging... A black matte box with the NARS logo on the side, black tissue tied with a NARS branded ribbon this just oozed NARS gorgeousness!! The little details made this feel extra special!

So what did you get in the box:


Blush in 'Orgasm'

NARS Blush in 'Orgasm'
This is NARS most iconic blush a peachy pink with golden shimmer, it gives the most gorgeous natural flush. Need I say more?


Larger Than Life Eyeliner in ‘Via Veneto’

NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in ‘Via Veneto’
Via Veneto is NARS black in this range. Promising to be “a completely budge proof finish. Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking.” This is a good eyeliner and as a contact lens wearer it didn’t bother my eyes one bit. But budge proof, unfortunately not on me. If only there was a waterproof version.

The Multiple in 'Orgasm'

NARS The Multiple in 'Orgasm'
Again this is in the iconic NARS shade. Marketed as “Mistake-proof color; quick and easy to apply. Sheer, natural finish for eyes, cheeks and lips.” This is the smallest sample you get at just over 25% of the full size (that picture is it fully wound up) Of all the products in the box this was my least favourite. The formula seems to be drying out already, I think I would stick to the blush, but isn't that the whole point of these boxes I didn't splurge £29 on this to find out it's not my cup of tea! Yay!

Satin Lip Pencil in ‘Rikugien’

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in ‘Rikugien’
A long wearing, hydrating lip pencil in this gorgeously flattering rose pink shade, what's not to like? GlossyBox this is a universally flattering shade unlike a certain brown blush...


NARS Satin Lip Pencil in ‘Rikugien’ Swatch















Audacious Mascara

NARS Audacious Mascara
This was a brand new addition to the NARS line so to get to try a new. According to NARS “Designed with over 200 molded bristles and lengthening hooks.. Simultaneously separates, lengthens, and amplifies. Its tapered tip finishes off the inner and outer reaches of your imagination, while enhancing lower lashes.” A great claim that it easily lives up to!

GlossyBox NARS Limited Edition

When GlossyBox get it right they really get it right! I wish they could have restocked this as I would certainly get this as a gift for at least one makeup junkie I know.

Did you manage to get your hands on this box, if so let me know your thoughts below and if there are any better NARS products I should try and review.

If you are interested in joining GlossyBox to be ahead when they release another limited edition box please feel free to use my referral link:


Until next post,
xoxo Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Cool products and shades!
    http://olaita-blogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I love NARS :)
    check my post on the NARS Products I love the most! http://www.malibluemymind.com/2015/11/nars-true-love.html

    xx
    lau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice collection! They look like excellent products. I want to try the orgasm blush :)

    Mika | www.la-french-connection.com

    ReplyDelete