Friday 1 January 2016

2016 & Re-discovery of the Body Shop

2016
So it's 2016, a whole new year and a new blog, with a New Year's  resolution to keep this updated weekly. Let's see how that goes!

To be honest I am not sure what I am going to share here and I am not a natural writer so we will see how it goes. Somewhere between my travel for work, interest in beauty, navigating the dating scene and caring for a sick cat I am sure this will be interesting to look back and if anyone chooses to follow along, I'd love to make some new friends!

Re-discovery of the Body Shop

I've started 2016 with some new Body Shop products, a shop for many years I have skipped on as I associate it with vanilla/musk scents of my teen years and unwanted gifts I rarely used. But having seen some YouTube beauty gurus rave about the body butters as a winter staple I took to the boxing day sales. Having spent what must have been half an hour smelling my way around the overly sweet, fake fruit scents I picked up a green pot that actually smell nice! Glazed Apple is described as a sweet fruity fragrance with notes of fresh green apple, vanilla and candy floss. Surprisingly the tarter apple fragrance balances the sweeter notes to leave a warm comforting fragrance. Sadly this is a limited collection for Christmas so in my usual hoarder mentality I picked up a Body Butter, Body Scrub, Candle and Home Fragrance Oil. These are all still available online.

I don't really have much to say about the products, I think everyone has tried the butters and they are lovely. The only down side I literally feel is these leave a sticky residue that never fully sinks into the skin. I am using this at night to combat this issue and use a different product in the morning. The body scrub, well I think I may need to look into these. I was pleasantly surprised, these have a very thick almost gummy texture which I find unusual for a sugar based scrub. That in mind used on wet skin this worked very well and a little went a long way.
The candles I think at £10 full price these probably aren't worth the money, but at half price worth picking up. They do distribute a light fragrance through the air and I was surprised the scent drifted through my home. A little tip that I have enjoyed, adding a little of the fragrance oil to the melted wax of the candle will give you a scent boost or add it to an un-fragranced candle to make your own as a cheap alternative.
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/glazed-apple/glazed-apple-body-butter.aspxhttp://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/glazed-apple/glazed-apple-body-scrub.aspx

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/glazed-apple/glazed-apple-candle.aspxhttp://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/fragrance/home-fragrance/glazed-apple-home-fragrance-oil.aspx
I think that's enough for my first post.

May I wish anyone who reads this a Healthy and Happy New Year.

xoxo  Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment